- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and wash your sweet potatoes. Poke the sweet potatoes 5-6 times with a fork or sharp knife, place them on the baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes. If you have large or small sweet potatoes you may need to adjust the bake time.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, drizzle the oil in a sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over, add the chicken broth, cover the pan and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through (to 165 degrees fahrenheit).
- Remove the chicken from pan and shred with two forks or a stand mixer.
- Add the shredded chicken to a bowl and mix with desired spices.
- Slice each sweet potato in half, fill with BBQ chicken and top with red onion and cilantro.
To learn more about our nutrition accountability program, losing weight, leaning out, gaining muscle, and more, connect with us to schedule a food consult:
Recipe derived from version of Downshiftology.