Jocelin Maus is our member of the month for June! She’s an amazing human and an incredible member of our fit fam. Get to know more about her here:
1. How long have you been doing CrossFit?
3 months in 2014 and almost 8 months (since Oct 2020) with CrossFit Virilis!
2. What’s your favorite workout?
One that is less than 15 minutes in duration and possibly involves short bouts of running.
3. What’s your favorite movement?
Burpees and double unders (when I can string them together).
4. Why do you do CrossFit?
I like that it’s a group class environment, because that makes me work harder. I appreciate having a trained professional assessing my movement and giving me advice/instruction so that I improve and don’t hurt myself. Also, I don’t have to plan out workouts, it forces me to workout, and it’s not all cardio-based (I love pure cardio but my body/feet do not).
5. What meal could you eat every day for the rest of your life?
Guess it would be something with eggs, since I seem to eat them most every day of my life anyways.
6. What has CFV helped you do, achieve, overcome, etc?
It has reinforced a growth mindset and to get out of my comfort zone; something that has spilled over into other aspects of my life.
7. If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I don’t have that desire. If I could gift that wish, I’d give it to my husband.
8. Top three favorite movies.
Fly Away Home, Head Over Heels, Toothless
9 What makes you the happiest?
Finishing a project!
10. Anything else you want to add about CFV, CrossFit, or yourself?
I appreciate that everyone at CFV is non-judgmental. It’s understood by the members that other people know their own limitations and are just doing their best in whatever circumstances they are in.
For more information on how you can join the greatness of taking control of your fitness and nutrition, schedule a time to talk with us!